Real estate agents: your guide through the real estate wilderness
Think of your sales representative like a wilderness guide. Just as the wilderness guide keeps you on the right path and away from danger on a backwoods adventure, your real estate agent expertly navigates you through the complicated areas when buying a home and steers you clear of costly pitfalls.
In order to practice real estate, all agents must be licensed and complete courses on topics relevant to your home search and transaction. In addition to holding a valid real estate license, most Royal LePage agents are also REALTORS®. The term REALTOR ® is a trademark that identifies a licensed real estate agent as a member of The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA). All REALTORS ® make a pledge to adhere to a strict code of ethics and standards.
A real estate agent or REALTOR ® is an expert on all things real estate in your neighbourhood. A good agent saves you time and money. She or he knows your community, knows what is important when buying a new house, and knows all the intricacies of the process, from finding a home, to negotiating a price and closing the deal.
How your real estate agent will help you find your dream home
A Val Brooks agent will do the following:
- Screen the available houses in your neighbourhood to make sure that the houses you look at fit your budget and your requirements.
- Give you important information on the local housing market and price trends, taxes, utility costs, services and amenities.
- Guide you through the open house viewing process, showing you features you may not have noticed and problems you may not have spotted.
- Advise you about your legal and financial options.
- Recommend expert help when needed, such as the services of a home appraiser, home inspector, real estate lawyer or contractor.
- Manage your purchase offer and counter offers, and use his or her skills and experience as a negotiator to make sure you get the best deal possible on your new house.
- We think you'll agree that Royal LePage sales representatives are the real estate agents of choice – motivated, experienced and dedicated to the highest level of service in the Canadian real estate industry.
For expert advice about buying a home in your area, contact your local Val Brooks sales representative: Real Estate Agent Search